These are the thoughts of a Texas transplant in West Michigan who makes his living as a newspaper reporter by evening, and a struggling novelist by day.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

walking companions

asleep for many months,
today i noticed my walking companions awaking,
giving silent yawns andstretches, still bent in the middle,
still attempting to straighten out those bodies.

your blanket kept you tucked away
through rough january and brutal february,
yet you crave those months and more,
without them you'll never grow.

i see you peeking out at me as i walk by,
you give a wink and a careless wave as a breeze blows through,
fickle friends, you wait for more than me --
and that you'll get in weeks' time.

oh, walking companions, i've longed for you,
keep me wandering as i move by,
why do you accompany me for so short a time?

i ache to see your lovely heads bob,
but only time will tell,
for now, walking companions,
i'll settle for your presence before the show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home